Watch and listen carefully. Look for it, right from the start – the deception. The lies.
This has to be one of the most ingenious ideas, and subsequent videos of propaganda I have seen in a long time. Did you see it? Can you see the emotional manipulation being used? It is a psychological attack meant to distract the individual with thoughts and images of dead children and mothers. Meanwhile all the truth and logic is lost to the emotion. While the tragic stories that are depicted in this video have been, I don’t doubt, used in violent crimes, that says nothing in the face of stunning statistics that have confirmed over and over again how truly beneficial guns have been and continue to be in our society. Of course, that is not even addressing the Constitutional importance that is placed on our right to bear arms, but that is a topic for another time. I could literally write about ten pages here of different statistics, but I will limit myself to just a few:
– In the UK all firearms are banned, and yet their violent crime rates are more than four times greater than ours in the US.
– Europe in general, despite overall very strict gun laws has had 3 of the 6 worst school shootings.
– While gun accidents do happen, the rate is so low that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission doesn’t even mention them in their annual safety reports.
– 0.005% per 100,000 citizens in the US commit intentional homicide while at the same time the US is ranked #1 in gun ownership at more than 88 per 100 residents!
– 200,000 times each year a woman uses a gun to defend herself from sexual abuse in US.
– Three out of five convicted felons say they won’t mess with an armed victim.
– Every year, guns are used 80 times more often to protect a life than to take one.
– FBI crime statistics found that states that adopted concealed carry laws REDUCED murder by 8.5%, rape by 5%, aggravated assault by 7%, and robberies by 3%.
– Every public mass shooting since 1950, with one exception, has taken place in locations where citizens are banned from carrying guns.
– In 1982 Kennesaw, Georgia passed a law REQUIRING all heads of households to keep at least one firearm in their household. What happened as a result? The burglary rate dropped 89%. To this day Kennesaw’s burglary rate is still 85% lower than the rest of the state of Georgia as well as the national average.
It is just the sort of lying propaganda presented in this video that takes the minds of the general public and twists them to serve the ends of those who seek to destroy our once great nation. It truly makes me sick. It is deeply saddening to see people propagating these ideas, but there are powerful forces that are bent on eliminating freedom, and they have been largely successful in our country. We cannot judge these people too harshly. Even so, the truth must be told. We must not go out looking for a fight. We should never be seeking to target anyone, except for perhaps those politicians that are tearing our nation apart piece by piece. In our absurdly “politically correct” age we cannot allow anyone’s sensibilities to interfere with speaking the truth. There is so much more that could be said, but for now, I will let the statistics speak for themselves. I think they do an admirable job.